- Brown Rice1 Cup
- Water2 1/4 Cups
- Water1 Tablespoon
- Lemongrass1/2 TablespoonSmall Sliced
- Green Onion (Spring Onion)1/4 CupThinly Sliced
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Black PepperDashGround
- Sesame Seeds3/4 Tablespoon
- Black Peppercorns1/4 TeaspoonWhole
- Kalonji Seeds (Black Nigella Seeds)1/4 Teaspoon
- Red Pepper1 TeaspoonCrushed
- Garlic2 TablespoonsMinced
- Yellow Onion1/4 CupSmall Diced
- Carrot1/4 CupFresh, peeled, small diced
- Red Bell Pepper1/4 CupSmall Diced
- Green Bell Pepper1/4 CupSmall Diced
- Cauliflower1/2 CupCut into small florets
- Corn1/2 CupFrozen
- Salt1/2 Teaspoon
- Sesame Seed Oil1 Teaspoon
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, add rice, water, and 1 teaspoon of lemongrass; bring to a quick boil and stir. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 40 to 45 minutes or until rice is cooked. Remove from heat and keep covered for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, green onions and 1 tablespoon water; mix well to make an omelet batter.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, spray cooking oil for 2 seconds and pour half of the omelet batter. Sprinkle black pepper and swirl the batter to spread evenly; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Spray cooking oil on top of the omelet for 2 seconds, flip and cook the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat the same step for the remaining omelet batter.
- On a chopping board, roll the cooked omelet and slice thin.
- Using a coffee or spice grinder, coarse grind the sesame seeds, black peppercorns and kalonji seeds; add the crushed red pepper and mix well.
- In a large wok, over a medium heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds. Sauté garlic, onion, remaining lemon grass and coarse-ground spices for 2 to 3 minutes. Add carrots, red and green bell peppers, cauliflower florets and corn. Stir, cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and stir well. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle sesame seed oil over the rice; mix well.
- Finish by adding the sliced omelet and stir.
Serving Size: 1 Serving (215g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 290, Fat Calories 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 350mg (15% DV), Total Carbohydrates 48g (16% DV), Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 9g, Vitamin A (40% DV), Vitamin C (60% DV), Calcium (8% DV), Iron (10% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.