- Ground Turkey1 Pound
- Onion1medium sized, chopped
- Garlic4 cloveschopped
- Homemade Taco Seasoning*1 1⁄2 Tablespoons(see recipe below)
- Salsa**8 Tablespoons(see recipe below)
- Shredded Cheese2 TablespoonsMexican blend, fat free
- Sour Cream4 Tablespoonsfat free
- Lettuce1/2 Cupshredded
- Hard shell Tacos8
- Cilantrofor garnish
- In a non-stick pan, over medium high heat, sauté chopped onions; add ground turkey and cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped garlic and taco seasoning. Cook until mixture is dry.
- To assemble the tacos: add 2 tablespoon turkey meat, 1 tablespoon salsa, 1⁄2 tablespoon sour cream, 1⁄4 tablespoon shredded cheese and 1 tablespoon lettuce. Repeat to make 8 Tacos.
- 1⁄2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. Sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 1 Onion, medium, quartered
- 2 Tomatoes, Roma, quartered
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, halved
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1⁄4 cup Cilantro
- Add Onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, lemon juice, garlic and cilantro in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with Tacos.
Chef's Tip: To further reduce sodium & saturated fat content, decrease salt in the seasoning mix to 1/4 tsp & replace taco shells with lettuce and enjoy a "Lettuce Taco" instead!
Serving Size: 2 Tacos (201g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 290, Calories from Fat 110, Total Fat 12g (18% DV), Saturated Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 500mg (21% DV), Total Carbohydrate 24g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 21g, Vitamin A (25% DV), Vitamin C (20% DV), Calcium (15% DV), Iron (10% DV).Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.