- Chicken Breast1 Poundskinless, boneless, cut into thin strips
- Garlic2 Tablespoonminced
- Ginger Paste1 Teaspoon
- Soy Sauce1 Tablespoonlite
- Rice Vinegar1 1⁄2 Tablespoons
- Water1/8 Cup
- Homemade Chili Masala*2 Tablespoons
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Cornstarch1 Tablespoon
- Green Bell Pepper1 Cupthinly sliced
- Zucchini1 Cupthinly sliced
- Squash1 Cupthinly sliced
- Carrots1⁄2 Cupthinly sliced
- Sweet Mini Chili Pepper1⁄4 Cupred, orange, and yellow, thinly sliced
- Spaghetti3 Cupwhole grain, cooked**
- Sesame Seed oil1 Teaspoon
- Sesame Seeds1/8 Teaspoonwhole for garnish
- Red Pepper1/8 Teaspooncrushed for garnish
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, 1 3⁄4 tablespoon garlic, ginger paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, and 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of homemade chili masala to make the chicken marinade. Mix the chicken and the marinade well, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium high heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds; add chicken and stir-fry for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle cornstarch over the chicken, stir and remove from the pan.
- In the same sauté pan, over medium high heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 4 seconds; add green bell peppers, zucchini, squash and carrots; stir fry for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and tender; remove from the pan and place in a separate bowl next to the chicken.
- In the same sauté pan, over medium high heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds; add mini bell peppers and stir-fry for 2 minutes; remove from the pan and add to the chicken.
- In the same sauté pan, over medium high heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds; add remaining garlic, homemade chili masala and boiled spaghetti; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Return the chicken and vegetables to the pan with the spaghetti and mix gently.
- Drizzle sesame seed oil on top and garnish by sprinkling whole sesame seeds and crushed red peppers.
* Homemade Chili Masala
- 1 piece Anise Seed
- 2 tsp. Fennel Seeds
- 1⁄4 tsp. Kalonji Seeds (Black Nigella Seeds)
- 1⁄4 tsp. Black Peppercorns, whole
- 2 Cloves, whole
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper, crushed
In a coffee or spice grinder, combine all spices except crushed red pepper and grind until fine. Add crushed red pepper and mix with a spoon.
**Method to Boil Spaghetti
• 6 oz. Spaghetti, whole grain, uncooked • 4 cups Water
In a medium pot, over medium high heat, add water and bring to a rapid boil. Add spaghetti (broken into small pieces) stir and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Once cooked, drain the excess water.
Nutrition Facts (includes chili masala and spaghetti):
Serving Size: 1 Serving (205g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 360, Fat Calories 80, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 380mg (16% DV), Total Carbohydrates 39g (13% DV), Fiber 7g (28% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 32g, Vitamin A (45% DV), Vitamin C (45% DV), Calcium (6% DV), Iron (15% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.