- Eggs3Medium, beaten
- Onions1/4 CupSmall diced
- Zucchini1/4 CupSmall Diced
- Green Bell Pepper1/4 CupSmall Diced
- Jalapeño Peppers1/2 TablespoonFinely chopped
- Tomato1/4 CupSmall diced
- Ginger Paste1/2 Teaspoon
- Garlic Paste1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt1/8 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper1/8 TeaspoonGround
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Avocado,1 TablespoonSmall diced
- Shredded Lettuce1/4 Cup
- Cheddar Cheese1 TablespoonFat-free, shredded
- Whole Wheat Thin Sandwich Buns4pre-sliced
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs; add all vegetables except avocado and lettuce, add ginger paste, garlic paste, salt and black pepper. Mix well and divide the mixture into four parts.
- In a 6-inch non-stick pan, over medium-low heat, spray cooking oil for 2 seconds and pour one part of the mixture. Swirl the pan to spread the mixture evenly; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Spray cooking oil on top of the eggs for 3 seconds, flip, and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Repeat the above step until all mixture is used up.
- Take the bottom half of a pre-sliced bun, fold the omelet on the bun, and top the omelet with lettuce, cheese and avocado.
- Cover the bun with the top half of the bun and place the bun in the same non-stick pan, or a Panini maker, over medium-low heat. Heat until golden brown.
Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 150, Fat Calories 80, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 210mg (9% DV), Total Carbohydrates 15g (5% DV), Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A (6% DV), Vitamin C (20% DV), Calcium (6% DV), Iron (8% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.