- Cooking Oil Spray
- Chicken Breast,1/2 Poundskinless, boneless, thinly sliced
- Garlic Paste1/2 Tablespoon
- Ginger Paste1 Teaspoon
- Red Bell Pepper1/4 Cupsmall diced
- Jalapeño Peppers2 Tablespoonfinely chopped
- Red Onion1 Tablespoonfinely chopped
- Tomato1/3 Cupsmall diced
- Cilantro1 Tablespoonfinely chopped
- Sour Cream1 Tablespoonfat-free
- Cream Cheese2 Tablespoonfat-free
- Whole-Wheat English Muffins4sliced
- Jalapeño Jack Cheese1/4 Cupfree, shredded
- In a medium non-stick skillet, on medium-low heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds and add chicken, garlic paste and ginger paste and cook for 7 to10 minutes. Keep stirring until the chicken starts to shred.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from heat and let it cool on a plate.
- In a small bowl, combine all vegetables and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream and cream cheese. Spread a thin layer of this mixture on the muffin; add shredded chicken and vegetables to the muffin and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large non-stick skillet, or using a Panini maker, over low heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds. Place the sandwhich muffins on the skillet (or in the Panini maker) and spray cooking oil for another 2 seconds on top of the muffin sandwhiches. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes until the muffin is crispy on the outside and the cheese has melted on the inside. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 Sandwich (130g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 220, Fat Calories 35, Total Fat 4g (6% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 30mg (10% DV), Sodium 410mg (17% DV), Total Carbohydrates 28g (9% DV), Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 20g, Vitamin A (25% DV), Vitamin C (50% DV), Calcium (20% DV), Iron (8% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.