Oatmeal Whole Wheat Bread Without Yeast
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients (oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt) and mix well. Keep the dry mixture aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add milk, eggs, and vanilla essence, and mix well with an electric hand mixer or a spoon until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add in a few drops of lemon juice, mix well (lemon juice should not be added prior to this step otherwise the mixture might curdle).
- Grease a loaf pan (9×3 inch, or your desired choice) with cooking oil spray for about 10 seconds and pour the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top appears golden brown. A knife or toothpick can be inserted in the middle to see if it comes out clean.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool on a baking rack.
- Cut into slices and enjoy with your favorite drip or sandwich spread!
Chef's Tips: Do not skip salt and lemon juice as they are used to activate the baking soda. Your choice of nuts can be added to the batter for additional flavor and texture.
Serving Size: 1 Serving (56 g), Servings: 8, Amount Per Serving: Calories 125, Fat Calories 27, Total Fat 3g (4% DV), Sat. Fat 0.5g (3% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 43mg (14% DV), Sodium 225mg (10% DV), Total Carbohydrates 20g (7% DV), Fiber 3g (10% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 5.5g, Vitamin D (3% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (8% DV), Potas. % DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.