- Plain Oats1 1⁄4 CupsOld fashioned
- Water1⁄2 Cup
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Whole Wheat Flour1 Tablespoon
- In a small sized bowl, combine the oats and water and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Cover the bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes until soft and moist (dough like consistency).
- Preheat a griddle to medium high heat.
- Divide the dough equally into 4 parts and shape into a patty.
- On a rolling board, sprinkle whole wheat flour and begin to roll the dough to an approximate
- Spray the griddle with 1 second cooking spray to prevent the roti from sticking.
- Place the uncooked roti on the griddle and cook for approximately 90 seconds.
- Flip and spray cooking spray for 1 second and continue to cook the other side for an additional 90 seconds.
- Remove the roti and place it in a tortilla warmer.
- Enjoy with your favorite filling and refrigerate the remaining rotis for later use.
This roti can also be made using a tortilla maker by following the manufacturer’s instructions. You can also increase the batch size and store these rotis in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Serving Size: 1 piece (41g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 110, Calories from Fat 35, Total Fat 3.5g (5% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 0mg (0% DV), Total Carbohydrate 18g (6% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars <1g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Calcium (0% DV), Iron (6% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.