- Lite Cocounit Milk1 Cup
- Gram Flour (Besan Flour)1/4 Cup
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoon
- Tomato Sauce - no salt added1 Cup
- Yellow Onion - raw, finely chopped1 Cup
- Paprika1 Teaspoon
- Salt1/4 Teaspoon
- Spaghetti - whole wheat, thin8.7 Ounces
- Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- Cilantro - cleaned, washed and fine chopped1 Tablespoon
- Water - tap8 Cups
- Green Onion - cleaned, washed and small cuts scallion (both bulb and green part)2 Tablespoon
- Lemon - raw, no peel1 Piece
- Red Crushed Pepper Flakes1 Teaspoon
This recipe will be made in 3 different parts
- In a medium-size non-stick pan spray oil for 2 seconds and add coconut milk.
- Now mix the gram flour with a half cup of water and mix gently into a smooth batter.
- Add gram flour smooth batter to the coconut milk and sprinkle turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now add the additional one and a quarter cup of water to the coconut mixture and start cooking on medium-high heat.
- Keep stirring it until the coconut milk comes to a rapid boil and then turn down the flame to a low setting and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the stove.
Salan or No Meat Tomato Curry
- Spray the medium size non-stick pan with cooking oil spray for 3 seconds over low medium heat.
- Now add the finely chopped onion, salt, and paprika; stir fry for 2-4 minutes and add tomato sauce and stir well; cover it and cook for 2-5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and let it cook for 5-7 minutes, and again spray the cooking oil spray for 3 seconds and stir well cover and let it cook.
- Once the onion is soft, moist, and well incorporated with tomato sauce, spray cooking oil spray for another 3 seconds, stir well, and removed from the stove.
- Cook the spaghetti by following the instructions given at the back of the package.
- In a serving bowl add the spaghetti, pour some coconut kadhi, add the spoonful no-meat tomato sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion, slice of lemon, and sprinkle some crushed red pepper.
- Enjoy the non-meat coconut kadhi khausey.
This is an excellent recipe for a vegetarian option. You can make the stir fry noodle with a vegetable of your choice and drizzle some coconut curry on the top
Serving Size: 1 Serving (371g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 350, Fat Calories 72, Total Fat 8g (10% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (16% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg, Sodium 200mg (9%DV), Total Carbohydrates 60g (22% DV), Fiber 11g (38% DV), Sugars 9g, Protein 10g. Calcium (4% DV), Iron (20% DV), Potassium (8% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.