- Vermicelli1 Cupcrushed or broken by hand (~87 grams)
- Sugar2 Tablespoonsgranulated
- Water3/4 Cups
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Green Cardamom Pods2 Pieceswhole
- Slivered Almonds1/2 Teaspoonfor garnish
- Heat a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Spray pan evenly with cooking oil spray for two seconds.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the vermicelli and stir well to coat the vermicelli with cooking oil spray; roast for 2 to 3 minutes or until the vermicelli turns golden brown to reddish color (slight change in color).
- Separately, in a microwave-safe bowl, add sugar, cardamom pod and water; microwave for 1 ½ minutes until all the sugar dissolves.
- Then, add this hot sugar water to the saucepan with vermicelli and stir well, be careful it will start bubbling. Lower the heat, cover and let it simmer until all the water is absorbed. This process will take up to 3 minutes.
- Uncover the saucepan, spray 2 seconds of cooking oil spray on the top. Remove the saucepan from heat and fluff with the fork to lightly separate the vermicelli.
- Transfer the vermicelli in a serving dish. Garnish with slivered almonds.
Serving Size: 1 Serving (60.5g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 110, Fat Calories 10, Total Fat 1g (1% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 0mg (0% DV), Total Carbohydrates 22g (7% DV), Fiber 1g (5% DV), Sugars 7g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Calcium (8% DV), Iron (10% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.