- Beef1/2 PoundSkinless, boneless, eye of round
- Ginger Garlic Paste2 Teaspoons
- Water3 Cups
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Onion1/4 CupSmall Diced
- Green Bell Pepper1/3 CupSmall Diced
- Cabbage1/2 CupFine Shredded
- Margarine11⁄2 TablespoonsLight
- Cheddar Cheese1/8 CupFat-Free, Shredded
- Oatmeal Bread8 Slices
- In a medium non-stick pot, over medium-low heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds. Add beef, ginger garlic paste and sear for 2 minutes; add water and bring to a rapid boil. Turn down the heat to the lowest setting, cover and cook for 3 to 31⁄2 hours until beef is tender and shreds easily.
- Shred beef with a fork.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, over medium-low heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds. Add onions, green bell peppers and cabbage and sauté for 2 minutes. Add shredded beef and cook for another 2 minutes. Divide mixture into four parts.
- Evenly spread a thin layer of margarine on a slice of bread; add beef filling and sprinkle with cheese and top with another slice of bread.
- Over low heat, in a large non-stick skillet, or using a Panini maker, place the sandwich on the skillet (or in the Panini maker) and heat until golden brown.
- Enjoy with Apricot Chutney.
Serving Size: 1 serving (142g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 290, Fat Calories 90, Total Fat 10g (15% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 340mg (14% DV), Total Carbohydrates 31g (10% DV), Sugars <1g, Protein 20g, Vitamin A (6% DV), Vitamin C (25% DV), Calcium (6% DV), Iron (15% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.