- Water2 Tablespoons
- Ginger and Garlic Paste1 Teaspoon
- Salmon Fish6 Ouncesskinless, boneless, fillet
- Russet Potatoes1 Poundboiled
- Cilantro1/2 Cupfinely chopped
- Salt1/2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper1/4 Teaspoonground
- Cumin1 Teaspoonground
- Lemon Juice2 Teaspoons
- Canola Cooking Oil2 Tablespoons
- In a small saucepan, over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp. water, ginger and garlic paste and salmon fillet. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is cooked and flaky. Once cool, crumble by hand.
- In a medium size bowl, mash boiled potatoes using a fork or a masher. Combine crumbled fish with mashed potatoes; add cilantro, salt, black pepper, cumin, lemon juice and egg. Mix well. Divide into 8 equal parts to make round, flat patties, 2 inches in diameter.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, over a medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat the pan. Pan-fry four patties for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat this process using remaining patties and oil.
- Enjoy with Spicy Grape Chutney.
Serving Size: 2 pcs (110 g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 240, Fat Calories 90, Total Fat 10g (15% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 340mg (14% DV), Total Carbohydrates 24g (8% DV), Protein 14g, Vitamin A (4% DV), Vitamin C (15% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (15% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.