- Edamame1 Cupfrozen, shelled, cooked
- Black-Eyed Peas1/2 Cupcooked
- Corn kernels1/4 Cupfrozen
- Red Bell Pepper1/4 Cuproasted, finely chopped
- Black Raisins1 Tablespoon
- Red Onion1 Tablespoonfinely chopped
- Tomato1/4 Cupfinely chopped
- Mixed Green Salad Leaves1/4 Cupfinely sliced
- Lemon Juice1 Teaspoonfreshly squeezed
- White PepperPinch
- Salt1/8 Teaspoon
- Parsleyfinely chopped for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except parsley; mix well.
- Garnish with parsley.
Quick Soak Method to Cook Black-Eyed Peas
- 1/4 cup Black-Eyed Peas, uncooked
- 4 1/4 cups Water
- Rinse the black-eyed peas in a small pot.
- Over high heat, add two cups of water and bring to a rapid boil. Remove from heat, cover and set aside for one hour. Drain water and rinse the beans.
- Add remaining water and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked. Remove from heat and drain all water.
Method to Cook Edamame
- 1 cup Edamame, frozen, shelled, uncooked
- 2 cups Water
- Over medium high heat, add water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add edamame and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and drain all water.
Serving Size: 1 serving (74g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 110, Fat Calories 20, Total Fat 2.5g (4% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Sodium 80mg (3% DV), Total Carbohydrates 16g (5%DV), Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A (20% DV), Vitamin C (140% DV), Calcium (4%DV), Iron (10% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.