- Daal, whole green moong1 Cupsoaked, washed, and drained
- Yogurt1/2 Cupfat free
- Garlic1⁄2 Tablespoonpressed or paste
- Onion1/4 Cupcoarsely chopped
- Cilantro2 Tablespoonsrinsed, dried and coarsely chopped
- Jalapeño1seeded and sliced
- Water1 Cup
- Egg White1
- Salt1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder1 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder1 Teaspoon
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Soak the moong about 4 hours; discard all water, rinse and drain water again.
- Using a food processor or blender, grind the moong with yogurt, garlic, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and 1⁄2 cup of water to make a thin batter.
- Pour into a mixing bowl; egg white, salt, cumin and coriander powder, and 1⁄4 cup of water. Mix well to get consistency of pancake batter. If it is still thick, adjust by adding the remaining water.
- In a non-stick medium sized frying pan, over medium high heat, evenly spray cooking spray for 2 seconds. Pour approximately 1⁄4 of the moong batter or 2 oz. and swirl around the pan for an even layer.
- Cook 3-4 minutes each side and when flipping over, spray another 2 seconds of cooking oil spray. Dossa should be golden brown when done.
- Repeat the same process to make 12 dosas.
- Transfer to serving plate and enjoy!
Serving Size: 3 Dosas (133g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 300, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Saturated Fat 0.5g (4% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 340mg (14% DV), Total Carbohydrate 41g (14% DV), Dietary Fiber 10g (38% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 16g, Vitamin A (2% DV), Vitamin C (15% DV), Calcium (15% DV), Iron (20% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.