- Chicken Cubes2 Cupssmall sized approximately 1 inch, skinless and boneless
- Canola Cooking Oil1/4 Cup
- Garlic1 Tablespoonroughly chopped
- Ginger1 Tablespoonfresh and roughly chopped
- Onion1 Cuproughly chopped
- Turmeric1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt1/2 Teaspoon
- Chicken Stock1 1/2 Cupsunsalted, reduced fat
- Gram Flour1/4 Cup
- Water1/2 Cup
- Coconut Milk. Lite1 Cup
- Spaghetti2 Cupsthin and whole grain, broken into pieces ready to boil
- Water8 Cups
- Green Onions1/8 Cupthin rounds (for Garnish)
- Cilantro1/4 Cupfinely chopped (for Garnish)
- Lemon Wedges4(for Garnish)
- Crushed Red Pepper1/2 Tablespoon(for Garnish)
- To prepare the chicken, trim off all visible fat and cut into small cubes; rinse with cold water and drain.
- Combine garlic, ginger and onion in a blender and puree; set aside.
- Place a medium size non-stick Dutch pan over medium high heat and add oil; once the oil begins to heat, add the pureed mixture and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the chicken, turmeric and salt to the pan and stir until well coated. Cook uncovered for approximately 7-10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine gram flour and water to form a thin paste. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, reduce heat to medium low and add chicken stock to the pan.
- Carefully add the gram flour mixture while continuously stirring for 2-3 minutes to avoid lumps; then add coconut milk and stir well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes on the lowest heat setting, stirring occasionally. Adjust water if mixture is too thick.
- Transfer the coconut curry into a serving bowl.
- Cook the spaghetti following the instructions on the package and transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with curry as desired and garnish with green onions, cilantro, crushed red pepper and a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
Brands of lite coconut milk can vary in the amount of saturated fat it contains; choose one with the lowest amount of saturated fat.
Serving Size: 1 Serving (392g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 530, Calories from Fat 200, Total Fat 22g (34% DV), Saturated Fat 4g (21% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 440mg (18% DV), Total Carbohydrate 47g (16% DV), Dietary Fiber 7g (29% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 36g, Vitamin A (6% DV), Vitamin C (15% DV), Calcium (6% DV), Iron (15% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.