- To prepare the chickpeas: Soak chickpeas for 4-5 hours in cold water. Drain and rinse.
- To cook the chickpeas: In a pot, add soaked chickpeas, 4 cups of water and 1⁄4 tsp baking soda. Add salt and boil chickpeas for 20 minutes or until tender.
- In a separate bowl, add tomato, red onion, cucumber, coriander, lemon juice and cumin. Mix well. Add jalapeño.
- Add cooked chickpeas to the mixture and toss well until all chickpeas are well coated.
- Serve over shredded lettuce.
Serving Size: (273g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 210, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.5g (5% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 250mg (10% DV), Total Carbohydrate 36g (12% DV), Dietary Fiber 10g (40% DV), Sugars 9g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A (10% DV), Vitamin C (30% DV), Calcium (8% DV), Iron (20% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.