- Chicken1/2 Poundskinless, boneless, cut into thin strips
- Yogurt1 Tablespoonfat-free
- Garlic1/2 Tablespoonminced
- Ginger1 Teaspoonminced
- Garam Masala1/2 Teaspoon
- Red Pepper1 Teaspooncrushed
- Coriander and Cumin Powder1/2 Teaspoonroasted
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Red Onion1 1/2 Tablespoonfinely chopped
- Roma Tomato1/8 Cupsmall diced
- Sour Cream1/8 Cupfat-free
- Avocado1/8 Cupmashed
- Lemon Juice2 Teaspoons
- Whole Grain Bread8 Slices
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, yogurt, garlic, ginger, garam masala, crushed red pepper and coriander and cumin powder. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a small non-stick skillet, over medium heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds. Add marinated chicken mixture and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked and tender. Spray cooking oil for another 2 seconds, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop the cooked chicken; add onions and tomatoes to the chicken to make the salad.
- In a small bowl, make a paste by mixing avocado, sour cream and lemon juice; fold this paste into the chicken tikka salad and mix well.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread the chicken tikka salad evenly on a slice of bread and cover with another piece of bread; trim the crust from the sandwich.
- In a large non-stick skillet, or in a Panini maker, over medium-low heat evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds. Place the sandwich on the skillet (or in the Panini maker) and spray the top of the sandwich with cooking oil for another 2 seconds. Toast until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from heat and cut into triangles. Enjoy with Blackberry Chutney.
Serving Size: 1 Sandwich (104g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 230, Fat Calories 45, Total Fat 5g (8% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 35mg (12% DV), Sodium 340mg (14% DV), Total Carbohydrates 29g (10% DV), Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 19g, Vitamin A (2% DV), Vitamin C (6% DV), Calcium (10% DV), Iron (10% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.