Chicken Keema Masala
- In a blender, add yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, cilantro and jalapeño peppers and puree.
- In a small non-stick skillet, over medium heat, dry roast the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, kalonji seeds and whole red chili for 1 minute or until the aroma is released. Let the ingredients cool and then grind in a coffee or spice grinder until coarse.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, roast gram flour for 2 to 3 minutes and set aside.
- In a medium non-stick saucepan, over medium-low heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds; add chicken and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add puree from the blender and the dry roasted seeds from the grinder to the saucepan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked and a small amount of gravy remains.
- Sprinkle roasted gram flour and salt and stir well; drizzle oil and stir well.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro, jalapeño peppers and lemon wedges.
- Enjoy with oatmeal or whole-wheat chappati.
Serving Size: 1 Serving (85g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 160, Fat Calories 40, Total Fat 4.5g (7% DV), Sat. Fat 0.5g (3% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 410mg (17%DV), Total Carbohydrates 7g (2% DV), Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 21g, Vitamin A (8% DV),Vitamin C (50% DV), Calcium (6% DV), Iron (6% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.