- Barley1/4 Cupquick cook
- Water1 Cup
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Garlic cloves3minced
- Onion1/4 Cupsmall diced
- Chicken Breast5 Ouncesskinless, boneless, thinly sliced
- Corn kernels1/2 Cupfrozen, whole
- Garam Masala1/2 Teaspoon
- Green Bell Pepper1/2 Cupmedium diced
- Cumin Coriander powder1 Teaspoon
- Paprika1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt1/2 Teaspoon
- Chicken Stock2 Cupsfat-free, unsalted
- Lemon juice1 Tablespoonfresh
- Parsley1/4 Cupfinely chopped
- Place a medium saucepan over medium high heat and add barley and water; bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until the barley is soft and all liquid has
- In a medium non-stick saucepan, over medium-low heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 2 seconds. Sauté garlic cloves and onions; add chicken, green bell peppers, kernel corn, garam masala, cumin coriander powder, paprika, salt and cooked barley. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until all vegetables are cooked and chicken is tender.
- Add chicken stock and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finish by adding fresh lemon juice and garnishing with parsley.
Chicken in this soup can be replaced with shrimp or any meat.
Serving Size: 1 Serving (190g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 140, Fat Calories 25, Total Fat 3g (5% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 410mg (17% DV), Total Carbohydrates 16g (5% DV), Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 13g, Vitamin A (20% DV), Vitamin C (50% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (6% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.