- Cooking Oil Spray
- Chicken Breast1/4 PoundSkinless, boneless, cut into thin strips
- Ginger Paste1/4 Teaspoon
- Garlic Paste1/4 Teaspoon
- Eggs3Medium, beaten
- Tomato1 TablespoonFinely chopped
- Broccoli florets1/2 CupSsmall diced
- Yellow Onion1 TablespoonFinely chopped
- Green Bell Pepper1 TablespoonSmall diced
- Salt1/4 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper1/4 TeaspoonGround
- Avocado1 1⁄2 TablespoonsSmall diced
- Lettuce LeavesFew
- Whole Wheat Bagels4Pre-sliced
- In a small skillet, over medium-low heat, evenly spray the skillet with cooking oil for 2 seconds; add chicken, ginger paste, and garlic paste. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, add chicken and all vegetables except avocado and lettuce; add salt and black pepper and mix well. Divide the mixture into four parts.
- In a 6-inch non-stick pan, over low medium heat, spray cooking oil for 2 seconds and pour one part of the mixture. Swirl the pan to spread the mixture evenly; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Spray cooking oil on top of the eggs for 3 seconds, flip, and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Repeat the above step until all the mixture is used up.
- Spread one teaspoon of avocado on one side of the bagel. Add lettuce leaves and fold omelet onto the bagel. Cover the bagel with another slice and place in the same non-stick pan or Panini maker, over medium-low heat. Heat until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts for Omelet:
Serving Size: 1 Serving (52g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 120, Fat Calories 80, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 230mg (10% DV), Total Carbohydrates 1g (0% DV), Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars <1g, Protein 10g, Vitamin A (4% DV), Vitamin C (6% DV), Calcium (2% DV), Iron (4% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutrition Facts for Bagel and Avocado:
Serving Size: 1 Serving (52g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 110, Fat Calories 15, Total Fat 1.5g (2% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 100mg (5% DV), Total Carbohydrates 19g (6% DV), Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Calcium (10% DV), Iron (8% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.