- Angel Hair Pasta8 Ounceswhole wheat
- Water4 Cups
- Shrimp8 Ouncescooked, without tail, frozen
- Tomatoes16 Ouncesdiced
- Olive Oil1 Teaspoon
- Garlic3 Cloves
- Oregano1 Teaspoonsdry
- Salt1/2 Teaspoon
- Italian Parsley2 Leaves
- Boil pasta in water, following package instructions. Rinse and drain pasta and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, on medium high heat, add oil and sauté garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes; cover and simmer until tomatoes are tender, and it is the consistency of a sauce.
- Add oregano, salt and shrimp.
- Cook for 5 minutes until shrimp are tender.
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl and serve shrimp over pasta garnished with parsley leaves.
To reduce the sodium content further, use fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined. Wash thoroughly with water until the shrimp smell has been removed. Add to the tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes, or until cooked and tails have curled.
Serving Size: 1 Cup (250g), Servings: 5, Amount Per Serving: Calories 240, Calories from Fat 20, Total Fat 2.5g (4% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 550mg (23% DV), Total Carbohydrate 37g (12% DV), Dietary Fiber 6g (24% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 16g, Vitamin A (15% DV), Vitamin C (20% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (15% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.