HALWA (Enjoy with Aloo Channa and Whole-Wheat Chappati Recipes)
- In a small non-stick saucepan, over medium heat, evenly spray cooking oil for 3 seconds.
- Add sooji, flour, milk powder and saffron and roast for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add sugar and food color; spray cooking oil for another 3 seconds into the mixture and stir quickly.
- Add water, stir, and reduce heat to lowest setting; cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spray butter flavor cooking oil for 2 seconds.
- Enjoy with Aloo Channa and Whole Wheat Roti (Chappati).
Nutrition Facts for Halwa ONLY (does not include Aloo Channa or Whole Wheat Chappatis):
Serving Size: 1 Serving (39g), Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 60, Fat Calories 15, Total Fat 1.5g (2% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Sodium 15mg (0% DV), Total Carbohydrates 10g (0% DV), Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Calcium (2% DV), Iron (0% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.